My family and I got a lot of fun tech toys and gadgets this holiday season. Since you’re a bit of a tech-lover as well I thought you’d be interested in some of the fun things we’ve been playing with.
- I got an Apple Watch – yippee!! It’s totally unnecessary but it’s a fun gadget! 🙂 I’m still learning about it and playing around and will be sending out some pointers for watch owners soon.
- We’re making our home smarter…
- We got a Nest thermostat. We got a great deal over the holidays and are getting a rebate from our utility company too! We’re still adjusting how we use it but I can already tell it’s going to save us money – and I love checking the heat and adjusting it when we’re out of the house.
- I also have been frustrated at lights being left on in the basement after my little guys have played down there. I’m still working with them on remembering to get the lights but, in the meantime, it seemed like a perfect excuse for a new toy. Enter the Lutron Caseta smart dimmer switches and the Wink hub 2. We can now control the basement lights from our smartphones. If we really wanted to get fancy we could set up automatic triggers to turn them on and off or dim them but we’re not that fancy yet. 🙂
- We also purchased the Chamberlain smart garage door opener for a family member that gets concerned about if he remembered to shut the garage door. He can now check if the door is open or closed from anywhere and can open or close it right from his phone if he needs to. So far he says it’s working well!
- Our little guys are having a ball with their new Wii U. So far their favorite games are Mario Kart and the Wii Fit games that came with the board.
- My husband got an iXpand drive to help him free up space on his iPhone (desperately needed…friends don’t let friends buy 16GB iPhones). 🙂
- Our office seems so dark all the time so I picked up this LED strip light and put it under our desk hutch (using some of the velcro type command strips). It works pretty good!
Did you get any fun new gadgets? I’d love to hear about them!