Do you know how to undo your typing on your iPhone or iPad in one quick motion? iPhones and iPads have a built in function to allow you to undo typing in a text, email and more but most people don’t even know it exists! Watch this quick video and we’ll show you how to use undo.
Other iPhone Tips in our Series
- Camera Shortcut
- Reachability (Use your iPhone with One Hand)
- Control Center (Access the Most Used Settings with One Motion)
- WiFi Assist (Don’t Get Surprised with a High Cell Phone Bill)
- The Hidden Undo Function
- A Trick for Drafting Emails
- Take a Picture – An Easier Way
- Internet Browsing Tips and Tricks
- Save a Dying Battery
- Add an Internet Shortcut to your Home Screen
- Take a Screenshot (Save a picture of your screen)
- How to See Text Timestamps
- Capture the Perfect Action Shot
- A Trick for Typing Numbers Faster
- A Hack to Type Every Text Faster
Here’s more quick iPhone tips and hacks.
Useful Siri Commands
Enter your email below to download a printable reference sheet of useful Siri commands. If you’re not using these commands you’re wasting your time! 🙂
This is a very dangerous function of iOS that displays without intentional shaking at times. This often leads to the belief you just hit text in error and the intuitive reaction is to hit undo. BUT, if you were caught offguard, you can easily and unintentionally undo many lines of text and there is NO action to revert the undo back to your text. At least the undo function in Windows can be reversed repeatedly until you are certain you did the right move. Best advice is plant firmly in your mind to never hit the undo button as chances are it may delete text you need.
I have actually hit UNDO by accident and it’s a bummer. If you think it’s too risky, you can turn the feature off all together by going to Settings > General > Accessibility and turn off “Shake to Undo”.